- 'Big ships to turn around': Department stores face new year slump The Sydney Morning Herald
- Geelong shoppers turn out in force for Boxing Day sales Geelong Advertiser
- Online giants in discount frenzy The Australian
- $2.5 billion spent in a day: Shoppers hunt for bargains on Boxing Day The Sydney Morning Herald
- Boxing Day Sales: Aussies To Splash Billions In Cash 10 daily
- View full coverage on Google News
Industry pessimism has set in as big retailers struggle to compete with the shift online.
Trump's frustration with Jerome Powell may turn to his Treasury chief, with the President weighing dismissing Steven Mnuchin.
Residents are being told to stay at least 2km away from the coast as the Krakatau volcano continues to erupt, billowing white smoke and clouds of ash hundreds of metres into the air.
The annual Boxing Day sales were up and running before the sun was up, but crowds were down on previous years.
Aussie bargain hunters are expected to splurge a record $2.5 billion in the Boxing Day sales.