- ASX set to catch Wall St wave The Australian Financial Review
- ASX ends sharply higher after Dow Jones' 1,100-point rebound ABC News
- ASX riding high after historic Wall Street rebound rally The Sydney Morning Herald
- ASX stages biggest rally in two years after Wall Street notches best day in a decade on strong consumer Christmas spending The West Australian
- 8@eight: ASX set to open higher after Wall Street's rally The Sydney Morning Herald
- View full coverage on Google News
Australian shares are poised to open higher, bolstered by Wall Street's overnight surge.
Energy stocks were the biggest boost to the local share market, after oil prices and Wall Street rebounded from their worst-ever Christmas performance.
Surging oil prices and early gains by the big miners have kept the Australian share market buoyant after the bourse got a jump-start from Wall Street.
Christmas has come late for the Australian sharemarket, with a Santa rally lifting the ASX200 to its biggest single-day gains since late 2016.
What happened overnight and what's ahead for the ASX.