1. Ateeq Rafiq died trapped in cinema seat at Birmingham’s Star City complex  NEWS.com.au
  2. Man, 24, died after neck was stuck in cinema seat as he looked for keys  Metro.co.uk
  3. Man died in cinema after neck trapped under footrest as he searched for keys  The Independent
  4. Ateeq Rafiq died after getting head trapped in Birmingham Vue Cinema chair - Daily Star  Daily Star
  5. Birmingham Star City cinema death man 'was searching for keys'  BBC News
  6. View full coverage on Google News
A 24-year-old dad died after his neck got trapped in a cinema seat footrest as he searched for his keys and phone, an inquest has heard.A 24-year-old dad died after his neck got trapped in a cinema seat footrest as he searched for his keys and phone, an inquest has heard.

Ateeq Rafiq died trapped in cinema seat at Birmingham’s Star City complex

Ateeq Rafiq died a week after his head got stuck in a "Gold Class" cinema seat in Birmingham.Ateeq Rafiq died a week after his head got stuck in a "Gold Class" cinema seat in Birmingham.

Birmingham Star City cinema death man 'was searching for keys' - BBC News

A cinema fan died when his neck became trapped in an electronic footrest as he searched for his phone and keys, an inquest has heard. Ateeq Rafiq, 24, suffered a...Ateeq Rafiq suffered a cardiac arrest at the cinema and died a week later from 'catastrophic' brain injuries.

Man, 24, died after neck was stuck in cinema seat as he looked for keys | Metro News

Ateeq Rafiq died after his head got stuck in a Vue cinema seat at Birmingham's Star City complex Ateeq Rafiq died after his head got stuck in a Vue cinema seat at Birmingham's Star City complex

Cinema-goer killed after neck gets stuck while he looked for phone under seat - Mirror Online

A 24-YEAR-OLD dad died after his neck got trapped in a cinema seat footrest as he searched for his keys and phone, an inquest has heard. Ateeq Rafiq got stuck as he scrambled on the floor after a f…

Dad, 24, died after his neck got trapped in cinema seat footrest for 15 minutes as he searched for his keys and phone

Ateeq Rafiq suffered a "catastrophic" brain injury after the footrest trapped his neck while he was searching for his keys.Ateeq Rafiq suffered a "catastrophic" brain injury after the footrest trapped his neck while he was searching for his keys.

Birmingham man died after getting neck stuck in Vue Cinema seat, inquest hears | UK News | Sky News

A BRIT dad died after getting his head trapped in a Vue Cinema chair while reaching down for keys and phone, an inquest has heard.A BRIT dad died after getting his head trapped in a Vue Cinema...

Ateeq Rafiq died after getting head trapped in Birmingham Vue Cinema chair - Daily Star

Ateeq Rafiq had kneeled down after he had been struggling to find his keys and phone at a Vue Cinema in Birmingham (pictured).Ateeq Rafiq had kneeled down after he had been struggling to find his keys and phone at a Vue Cinema in Birmingham (pictured).

Vue Cinema-goer, 24, died of 'catastrophic' injuries after his neck became wedged under leg-rest | Daily Mail Online

A cinema-goer died after his neck became trapped in an electronic footrest as he searched for his keys and phone under his seat, an inquest has heard.A cinema-goer died after his neck became trapped in an electronic footrest as he searched for his keys and phone under his seat, an inquest has heard.

Cinema-goer dies after neck gets stuck in footrest as he searched for phone and keys - Edinburgh Evening News

Ateeq Rafiq, 24, died after his neck became wedged under a leg-restAteeq Rafiq, 24, died after his neck became wedged under a leg-rest

Vue cinema luxury seat that killed man had blown a fuse, inquest heard - Plymouth Live

The 24-year-old victim got his head wedged under the footrest of the electronic recliner in a freak accident after he kneeled down to search for his keys and phone.The 24-year-old victim got his head wedged under the footrest of the electronic recliner in a freak accident after he kneeled down to search for his keys and phone.

Vue cinema seat that killed young dad had blown fuse in control box - Daily Record

Ateeq Rafiq, 24, died after his neck became wedged under a leg-restAteeq Rafiq, 24, died after his neck became wedged under a leg-rest

Vue cinema luxury seat that killed man had blown a fuse, inquest heard - Devon Live

HuffPost is now part of Oath

Read the latest Central stories, Desperate attempts to save man who died after getting stuck under cinema chair on ITV News, videos, stories and all the latest Central newsA Vue Cinema customer died after becoming trapped under a chair he had been sitting in, an inquest heard. Desperate attempts were made to release Ateeq Rafiq, 24, but he suffered "catastrophic" injuries in the freak accident at the Star City venue. The dad-of-one had gone with his wife to the cinema at 4.30pm on March 9 last year and bought tickets from a machine for seats in Gold Class, screen 17. The couple, from of Ettington Road, Aston , picked C5 and C6 with Mr Rafiq sitting in C5. At the end of the film he realised he could not find either his keys or his phone and suspected they may have slipped down the side of the seat. Area coroner Emma Brown told the Birmingham inquest jury that it was a reclining seat which had a footrest which pulled up. "He got up off his seat with the footrest in the raised position and went under the seat," she said. "Very quickly the footrest started to come down on him. "Mrs Sardar tried to hold it up when she realised what was happening." Mrs Sardar alerted staff who tried for about 10 to 15 minutes before releasing Mr Rafiq.

Desperate attempts to save man who died after getting stuck under cinema chair | Central - ITV News

Ateeq Rafiq died a week after the freak accident Ateeq Rafiq died a week after the freak accident

Cinema customer died after becoming trapped under chair, inquest hears - CoventryLive

Dad-of-one Ateeq Rafiq, 24, suffered 'catastrophic' injuries in tragedy at Star City cinema Dad-of-one Ateeq Rafiq, 24, suffered 'catastrophic' injuries in tragedy at Star City cinema

Star City Vue Cinema customer died in freak accident after becoming trapped under chair - inquest told - Birmingham Live

A cinema-goer died after his neck became trapped in an electronic footrest as he searched for his keys and phone under his seat, an inquest heard.A cinema-goer died after his neck became trapped in an electronic footrest as he searched for his keys and phone under his seat, an inquest heard.

Man died after neck got trapped in cinema footrest, inquest hears | Express & Star